Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I've been here before....

Yeah, yeah. My sad attempt to rid my self of my writers block.



Drown out the sound, the voices they’re screaming
What can I do?
For the very first time when I look at you
I’ve got nothing to say
But I’ve got everything to write
These empty words fall on a blank page tonight


Whispers from the past seem to disappear without a trace
There’s something on this screen, it’s not something for display
Yet the words keep on coming
And I have nothing left to say
I can write these words on paper
But I just can’t say them to your face


I’ve got nothing left to give
But you’ve got plenty more to take
And it’s an awful thing to see
But when it comes to you I can’t say “No”
For all that you do, I’ll always forgive
And it makes it hard for me to see the light
These empty notes fall on a blank sheet tonight


Whispers from the past seem to disappear without a trace
There’s something on this screen, it’s not something for display
Yet the words keep on coming
And I have nothing left to say
I can write these words on paper
But I just can’t say them to your face


Come live with me in my house built with writers block’s
Where there are no windows and the door’s always locked
I never tried to walk out of that door
No, I sit in this chair with my notebook in hand
Writing lyrics for songs that are in high demand
But these papers keep dropping, keep falling to the floor
Making these next lines feel like a losing fight
These empty words fall on a blank page tonight


Whispers from the past disappear without a trace
And the words keep on coming, relentless in pace
Yet I have nothing to say to you
So you’ll write these words on paper
But you won’t say them to my face


And as we sit at the computer writing this song
(In a house by ourselves)
We’ll fight and we’ll ague about which parts are wrong
(And windows are open and the doors are unlocked)
We disagree on everything but still get along
(This is the demolition of the house made of writer’s blocks)
We're equally balanced
(You are the darkness to my light)
And as I walk out that door, I know we’re alright
Because music and lyrics full this notebook tonight

No comments: