Thursday, May 15, 2008

*insert title here*

Some of my older works (when song writing used to be easier). Art never flows when you're happy. I'm content, which apparently is good enough. Go figure.

------------

Well I'm running for my life
Because that guy has got a knife
He's not the only one you know
Oh, look that kid has got a gun
And he just killed somebody's son
Don't you wish that there was somewhere you could go?

Instead you're walking down the street
Afraid of everyone you meet
Because you don't know what they'll do
You don't want to intervene
Because you know what that'll mean
And running so much easier for you

I think this time you lost me
And I don't know what's going on
Why is everyone so different?
How the hell did I miss it?
When was I left all alone?

People think it's just for fun
When kids say they'll kill someone
They'll believe them when it turns out to be true
And everywhere you turn
It's just another lesson learned
In a place you learned to call your home

I think this time you lost me
And I still don't know what's going on
Why is everyone so different?
How the hell did I miss it?
Why did you leave me all alone?

No comments: